- Course: Beverage
- Total Time: Under 15 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 8 Times
A savory Mexican coffee—just perfect for topping off an intimate outdoor dinner.
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Pinch of grated nutmeg
- 2 cups strong hot coffee
- Whipped cream and ground cinnamon, for garnish
1. Place the chocolate syrup, cream, cinnamon, sugar, and nutmeg in a blender. Pulse twice, then blend to thicken, about 1 minute.
2. Pour the hot coffee into 4 mugs and add the syrup mixture to each, stirring gently. Top with whipped cream, and sprinkle with extra cinnamon.
© 1983 (as Drinks without Liquor), 1999 Jane Brandt
Nutritional information does not include whipped cream and ground cinnamon, for garnish.
Discover Related Recipes
Sign up for
The Cookstr Weekly
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox