- Course: Beverage
- Total Time: Under 15 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 8 Times
A savory Mexican coffee—just perfect for topping off an intimate outdoor dinner.
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Pinch of grated nutmeg
- 2 cups strong hot coffee
- Whipped cream and ground cinnamon, for garnish
1. Place the chocolate syrup, cream, cinnamon, sugar, and nutmeg in a blender. Pulse twice, then blend to thicken, about 1 minute.
2. Pour the hot coffee into 4 mugs and add the syrup mixture to each, stirring gently. Top with whipped cream, and sprinkle with extra cinnamon.
© 1983 (as Drinks without Liquor), 1999 Jane Brandt
Nutritional information does not include whipped cream and ground cinnamon, for garnish.