- ½ cup confectioners sugar, divided
- 2¼ cups (10½ ounces) lightly packed mixed dried fruit, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup orange marmalade
- 1 frozen puff pastry sheet (about 9 ounces), thawed
1. Heat the oven to 400°F. Line 1 rimmed baking sheet with a nonstick liner. Set aside 2 tablespoons of the confectioners sugar.
2 Put the dried fruit, 2/3 cup water, and the marmalade in a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat until boiling. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the fruit is tender and the liquid is reduced and thickened, about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool completely or transfer to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
3. Arrange a large piece of plastic wrap on the counter. Sprinkle generously with some of the remaining confectioners sugar. Using a rolling pin, roll out the puff pastry sheet, sprinkling the top and bottom often and generously with the sugar to prevent slicking, into a 10-inch square, then trim into a 10-inch round. Move to the prepared baking sheet.
4. Spoon the cooled dried fruit into the center of the pastry, mounding it slightly and leaving about a 2-inch border. Fold the edges over the filling, pleating the pastry as you go around the filling and leaving the center of the fruit uncovered. Sprinkle the remaining sugar over the pastry.
5. Bake until the pastry is golden brown, about 35 minutes. If the pastry puffs up, prick with a fork or knife tip. Set on a rack to cool slightly before serving.