- Course: Appetizer, Side Dish
- Total Time: Under 1 Hour
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 9 Times
Can be made ahead of time.
I grew up eating blue cheese, and my boys inherited those genes! In this dish, I partner the tangy crumbles with caramelized roasted tomatoes and lettuce, then I nestle everything under a delightful honey mustard-spiked dressing. This is excellent with pasta dishes, steak, and chicken.
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Spread the tomatoes out on the sheet, cut side up, and sprinkle with the salt. Roast until the tomatoes are browned and slightly shriveled, about 25 minutes.
3. Arrange the lettuce on a serving platter and top with the roasted tomatoes and blue cheese.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, and mustard. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the salad and serve.
Make it a meal kit: Roast the tomatoes and make the dressing (the olive oil through the salt and pepper). Store each separately in sealable containers or plastic bags for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, arrange the tomatoes on top of the lettuce and drizzle the dressing over the top (for warm tomatoes, reheat them in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes on HIGH).
Morph it: Roast a double batch of the tomatoes and morph the extras into Mixed Cherry Tomato Salad. (The roasted tomatoes add a wonderful sweet flavor to the salad.) The extra tomatoes also make a great addition to any pasta or rice dish.
Nutritional information includes 1/4 teaspoon of added salt.