- Course: Main Course
- Total Time: Under 1 Hour
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 8 Times
Like lots of topping with every bite of pizza? Try our simplified version — thin, edgeless and filled to the brim!
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small Italian eggplants, cut into ½-inch (1 cm) cubes
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into cut into ½-inch (1 cm) cubes
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cut into ½-inch (1 cm) slices
- 3 cups (about 10 oz/300 g/750 mL) Portobello mushrooms, cut into ½-inch (1 cm) thick slices
- 4 small zucchini, cut into ½-inch (1 cm) slices
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup (125 mL) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 partially baked pizza crust
- Roasting pan
Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
1. Measure oil into roasting pan. Add vegetables and garlic. Toss to coat. Roast in preheated oven, turning once, for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender. Do not overcook. Set aside to cool.
2. To assemble, sprinkle half the mozzarella cheese over the partially baked pizza crust. Top with roasted vegetables, remaining mozzarella and Parmesan. Reduce heat to 400°F (200°C) and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the topping is bubbly and cheese is melted, lightly browned and heated through. Serve immediately.
Variation: For a stronger cheese combination, try Asiago and Romano.
We like to sprinkle some of the cheese on the crust before topping as this helps the vegetables remain on the pizza.
© 2003 Donna Washburn and Heather Butt
Nutritional information is based on 8 servings and does not include does not include pizza crust. For nutritional information on pizza crust, please follow the link above.
Discover Related Recipes
Sign up for
The Cookstr Weekly
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox