- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 1 Time
- 4 large, red bell peppers
1. Preheat broiler to high.
2. Wash peppers and place on broiling tray or baking sheet.
3. Broil peppers, turning from side to side until skin is blackened and charred.
4. Remove peppers from broiler and place in paper bag. Close bag tightly, allowing peppers to steam.
5. When peppers are cool enough to handle, remove from bag and peel off charred skin using a sharp knife. This is easiest done under cold, running water.
© 1994 David Burke and Carmel Berman Reingold
Nutritional information is based on 4 servings.