- Course: Side Dish
- Total Time: Under 2 Hours
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 88 Times
- 4 ¼ pounds King Edward, Yukon Gold or similar potatoes, Peeled and cut to the size of golf balls
- 8-9 garlic cloves, skins left on and squashed
- Peels of 2 oranges, cut into long thin strips
- A large bunch of fresh sage, leaves picked
- 6 tablespoons goose fat or olive oil
Preheat the oven to 425ºF. In a large pan, parboil the potatoes in boiling, salted water for 10 minutes, then drain in a colander, shaking it to chuff up the edges of the spuds.
Heat a large roasting pan on the stovetop over a low heat. (You may need 2 pans.) Add the goose fat or oil and the garlic, orange peel and sage, then fry for 30 seconds. Add the spuds and toss them until well coated.
Place the pan in the oven and cook for 45 minutes or until golden and crisp.
© 2014 Jamie Oliver
Note from Cookstr's Editors
Nutritional information is based on using olive oil and does not include salt.