- Course: Main Course
- Total Time: Under 1 Hour
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 10 Times
A flavorsome dish that is quick and easy to prepare.
- 1 large red onion, peeled and quartered
- 18 baby carrots, trimmed and peeled
- 2 parsnips, peeled, each cut into 4–6 pieces
- 8 oz (225g) small new potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 garlic head, separated into cloves, unpeeled
- 2 tbsp plus 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ lb (675g) lamb loin, trimmed
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Combine the vegetables and garlic in a roasting pan. Toss with 2 tbsp oil and the vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 25 minutes.
2. After about 20 minutes, heat the remaining oil over high heat. Season the lamb with salt and pepper. Add to the pan and cook, until browned on all sides. Transfer to the roasting pan with the vegetables. Roast about 10 minutes, until the center of the lamb is 130°F (55°C). Allow the lamb to rest for 10 minutes.
3. Slice the lamb and serve alongside the roasted vegetables.
© 2008 Dorling Kindersley
Note from Cookstr's Editors
Nutritional information is based on 6 servings, and includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.