Roast Lamb with Root Vegetables
A flavorsome dish that is quick and easy to prepare.
Preparation Time10 min
Preparation Time - Text10 mins, plus resting
Cooking Time45 min
Cooking Time - Text45
Total Timeunder 1 hour
Make Ahead RecipeYes
OccasionCasual Dinner Party, Family Get-together
Recipe Coursemain course
Five Ingredients or LessYes
Taste and Texturejuicy, meaty, savory
- 1 large red onion, peeled and quartered
- 18 baby carrots, trimmed and peeled
- 2 parsnips, peeled, each cut into 4–6 pieces
- 8 oz (225g) small new potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 garlic head, separated into cloves, unpeeled
- 2 tbsp plus 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ lb (675g) lamb loin, trimmed
Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Combine the vegetables and garlic in a roasting pan. Toss with 2 tbsp oil and the vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 25 minutes.
After about 20 minutes, heat the remaining oil over high heat. Season the lamb with salt and pepper. Add to the pan and cook, until browned on all sides. Transfer to the roasting pan with the vegetables. Roast about 10 minutes, until the center of the lamb is 130°F (55°C). Allow the lamb to rest for 10 minutes.
Slice the lamb and serve alongside the roasted vegetables.
2008 Dorling Kindersley