Rice with Lobster Stock and Mushrooms
A really delicious arroz. The combination of lobster stock and mushrooms is an especially savory one. If you like, you can fold in some cooked lobster meat at the end for a more luxurious dish.
For a quick lobster stock, cover lobster shells with water in a stockpot, add a handful of diced onion, carrot, and celery, and simmer for 30 minutes; strain through a fine-mesh sieve.
Total Timeunder 1 hour
OccasionCasual Dinner Party, Cooking for a date
Recipe Coursemain course, side dish
Five Ingredients or LessYes
Taste and Texturelight, savory, umami
- 4 cups lobster stock (see Note)
- 1 cup bomba rice (you can substitute Arborio)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ pound mixed wild mushrooms, trimmed as necessary
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
2008 Frappe Inc.