- Course: Dessert, Snack
- Total Time: Under 2 Hours
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 18 Times
Can be made ahead of time.
These cupcakes are easy to prepare, reliable and always ready to please the pickiest palates. They’re a great choice for afternoon tea, which is my favorite time to eat them.
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
1. In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Alternately whisk in flour mixture and milk, making three additions of flour mixture and two of milk, beating until smooth.
3. Scoop batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and tops of cupcakes spring back when lightly touched. Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on rack.
4. Remove paper liners from cupcakes. Slice cupcakes in half horizontally. Spread bottoms with raspberry preserves, replacing tops. Top filled cupcakes with frosting.
Variation: Substitute apricot or cherry preserves for the raspberry.
These are best served the day that they’re made.
Nutritional information is based on a serving size of 1 cupcake and does not include frostings. For nutritional information on frostings, please follow the links above.
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox