- Course: Dessert
- Total Time: Under 30 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 1 Time
Can be made ahead of time.
1. In a sieve over a bowl, drain raspberries, reserving 1 cup (250 mL) syrup. In another bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water until dissolved.
2. In a saucepan over medium heat, warm reserved syrup for about 3 minutes. Add dissolved cornstarch and continue heating for 2 minutes or until thickened.
3. Remove from heat. Stir in raspberries; mix well. Transfer immediately to dessert fondue pot over candle flame.
4. Spear a piece of fruit or cake with fondue fork and dip in fondue.
Chocolate cupcake cubes, ladyfingers, shortbread cookies, scone cubes.
Substitute frozen strawberries (or mixed berries) in syrup for the raspberries.
For a more intense flavor, stir ½ cup (125 mL) fresh berries into fondue pot just before serving.
For a lighter consistency, puree half of the raspberries before adding to saucepan.
Prepare to end of Step 2. Cool, then refrigerate. Reheat in microwave on Low until heated (about 1 to 2 minutes) or over low heat in saucepan on stove. Stir and transfer to fondue pot.
Cut up dippers.
Nutritional information is based on 6 servings.
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox