- Course: Dessert
- Total Time: Under 4 Hours
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 0 Times
Despite its name, buttermilk is lower in fat than cream or even whole milk. But the incredible creamy taste of this frozen concoction will have you trying buttermilk with other partners, such as strawberries or peaches. Just substitute the same amount of your favorite fresh fruit for the amount of berries called for here. Strain the raspberries through a sieve just before freezing if you want to eliminate the seeds.
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh raspberries, or frozen, drained of syrup
- 1 cup (250 mL) buttermilk
- ¾ cup (175 mL) Simple Syrup
- 1 large ripe banana, sliced
1. In a food processor or blender, purée raspberries, buttermilk, syrup and banana until smooth. Transfer to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate until completely cold or overnight.
2. Stir fruit mixture. Transfer to an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
© 2008 Marilyn Linton and Tanya Linton
Note from Cookstr's Editors
Nutritional information is based on 3 servings, but does not include Simple Syrup. For nutritional information on Simple Syrup, please follow the link above.
Discover Related Recipes
Sign up for
The Cookstr Weekly
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox