Gooey and delicious, this couldn't be faster to make; use ripe bananas for the best flavor.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 tbsp butter
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 6 slices store-bought gingerbread cake
- 2 large bananas, sliced
- ½ cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Combine the cream, butter, sugar, and maple syrup in a small pan and heat gently, stirring constantly until smooth and melted.
2. Layer the cake and bananas in a 9in (33cm) square baking dish. Pour the sauce on top and sprinkle with the pecans.
3. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbling. Serve hot.
Pound Cake and Banana Pudding
For a slightly less rich version, replace the gingerbread with 8oz (225g) pound cake. Pound cake is a slightly drier cake than gingerbread, so after you pour the sauce over, let the mixture soak for 10 minutes, then bake as directed.