This is a dish I make all the time in my toaster oven. Since microwaves and countertop convection ovens have largely replaced the toaster oven, I’ve adapted the recipe for the range.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, about 6 ounces each
- 2 tablespoons medium-colored miso
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable, canola, or corn oil
Place chicken breasts between 2 sheets of plastic wrap or wax paper, and pound thin with a mallet.
In a small bowl, whisk together miso and orange marmalade. Sprinkle chicken breasts lightly with salt and pepper and brush all over with marinade. Let stand 30 minutes.
Warm a nonstick sauté pan with the oil over medium-high heat. When hot, add the chicken. Cook on first side 3 minutes. Flip. Baste tops with any remaining marinade. Cook on second side 3 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Flip, cook 15 seconds, and transfer to plates.
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.