These nifty combinations of finely diced fruit and all-fruit preserves create nearly instant sauces. Each combination makes enough for four to six 1/3- to ½-cup servings as a topping.
Yield: four to six 1/3- to ½-cup servings
Peach or Nectarine Sauce:
- 2 cups finely diced peaches or nectarines
- 2 to 3 teaspoons all-fruit peach or apricot preserves
Strawberry or Strawberry-Blueberry Sauce:
- 1 pint thinly sliced strawberries (or 1 cup each blueberries and sliced strawberries)
- 2 to 3 teaspoons strawberry jam
Pear and Mango:
- 1 cup diced, peeled pear
- 1 cup diced mango
- 2 to 3 teaspoons peach or apricot all-fruit preserves
- 2 cups diced mango
- 2 to 3 teaspoons mango, peach, or apricot all-fruit preserves
© 2004 Nava Atlas
Combine ingredients and stir well.
Note from Cookstr's Editors
Nutritional information is based on 6 servings for the Peach and Nectarine Sauce.