- Course: Appetizer, Main Course
- Total Time: Under 15 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 3 Times
For the Salsa:
- 1 cup cubed fresh papaya
- ½ avocado, peeled and cubed
- ¼ cup cubed seeded cucumber
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon honey, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- ¼ pound queso fresco
1. Preheat the broiler and place an oven rack 4 inches from the heat. In a bowl, stir together the salsa ingredients. Taste and adjust the seasoning, if necessary.
2. Place 2 tortillas on a baking sheet. Crumble the cheese over the tortillas. Top with the remaining tortillas. Broil, flipping once halfway through, until the cheese is melted and the tortillas are golden, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
3. Quarter the quesadillas and top each section with 1 tablespoon salsa. Serve immediately.
© 2010 Melissa Clark, Inc.