- Course: Main Course
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 3 Times
This recipe probably has more “cheats” in it than any other in the book. You shred a supermarket rotisserie chicken (or leftover chicken) and toss it with barbecue sauce. I suggest topping it with Dill Pickle Cucumber Slices and serving it on Beer Bread, but you can certainly top it with chopped-up dill pickles from the store and serve it on your favorite commercial rolls or hamburger buns. For that matter, you can also buy the barbecue sauce at the supermarket if you don’t want to whip up my quick version. In short, it doesn’t get much simpler. And it’s delicious, too.
- 1 recipe Beer Bread or use 4 large rolls or hamburger buns
- 1 recipe Basic Barbecue Sauce or 2 cups store-bought sauce
- 1 recipe Dill Pickle Cucumber Slices
- 4 cups packed shredded skinless cooked chicken from a large store-bought rotisserie chicken, or leftovers, or Can’t Overcook 'Em Chicken Breasts
1. Prepare the Beer Bread, Basic Barbecue Sauce, and Dill Pickle Cucumber Slices, if using, or bring the prepared sauce to a boil in a medium saucepan and warm the store-bought buns.
2. Add the chicken to the sauce and heat until hot.
3. Cut the Beer Bread, if using, into 8 pieces (about 4 by 3 inches each). Place pieces of bread on each of 4 serving plates and divide the chicken mixture among them. Top the chicken with the pickled cucumbers, if using, and another piece of bread.
© 2010 Sara Moulton Enterprises, Inc.
For nutritional information please follow the links above.