- Course: Side Dish
- Total Time: Under 1 Hour
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 103 Times
Patate al Forno
The blanching step helps develop the crusty, crunchy texture that makes these irresistible. (No one ever had to tell you to finish your potatoes, did they?)
- 6 large waxy potatoes, such as yukon gold
- 1 head garlic, separated into cloves but not peeled
- 1 bunch rosemary, leaves finely chopped
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot. Cut the potatoes into 1-inch cubes. Blanch in the boiling water for 2 minutes; drain.
3. Put the potatoes on a baking sheet and toss with the garlic, rosemary, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and spread out on the baking sheet. Bake for about 30 minutes, until golden brown. Serve hot.
© 2005 Mario Batali
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.
Discover Related Recipes
Sign up for
The Cookstr Weekly
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox