- Course: Cold Appetizer, Side Dish
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 17 Times
Can be made ahead of time.
With the addition of salty ham and fragrant caraway seeds, this hearty salad is full of flavor.
The salad can be made up to 8 hours ahead.
1. Place the potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with lightly salted cold water, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and cover. Simmer for about 15 minutes, or until tender. Drain and let cool.
2. Meanwhile, heat a small frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the caraway seeds and cook, stirring almost constantly, for 1–2 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Transfer to a plate.
3. To make the dressing, whisk the sour cream, shallots, vinegar, mustard, and garlic in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in the oil and season with salt and pepper.
4. Cut each potato in half and put in a large bowl. Add the caraway seeds, prosciutto, 2 tbsp of the parsley, and the dressing. Toss gently to combine. Transfer to a serving platter and scatter with the remaining chopped parsley.
Nutritional information is based on 6 servings and 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.