Because these popovers are a little sweet, they are delicious for breakfast or brunch. If you don’t have a popover pan, a nonstick jumbo muffin pan is an easy substitute.
- 1 cup (121 g) all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) sugar
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 mL) salt
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1¼ cups (295 mL) warm milk
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) vanilla
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) butter, melted
- 1 quart (600 g) strawberries, cleaned and sliced
- 1 cup (236 mL) whipping cream, whipped (see Notes)
Heat oven to 450°F (240°C) with oven rack in middle. Generously spray 6 cups in a popover pan or a nonstick jumbo muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Place flour, sugar, and salt in blender container. Pulse once or twice. Add eggs, warm milk, vanilla, and butter. Blend on High about 10 seconds until smooth. Scrape down sides of container and blend again. Cover batter and let stand at room temperature about 20 minutes.
Pour batter evenly into cups. I use a ladle of batter for each cup. Place pan in oven, and reduce oven temperature to 400°F (200°C). Don’t open oven during baking.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until popovers are puffed, deep golden brown, and no longer moist on the surface.
Cool slightly on wire cooling rack before removing from pans. Serve immediately with fresh berries and whipped cream.