- 1 quart (about 2 pounds) small, dark Italian plums, pitted and quartered
- ¼ cup raspberry or other fruit vinegar
- 1-inch piece cinnamon stick
- 2 strips lemon zest, minced
- ¼ teaspoon black peppercorns, crushed
In a medium nonreactive saucepan, bring all of the ingredients to a simmer over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 30 minutes until most of the juices evaporate and the ketchup is thick. Cool to room temperature. Store covered in the refrigerator. (The ketchup will keep 2 to 3 weeks.)
Serve as an accompaniment to Shepherd’s Pie , pork roasts, and chops.
Nutritional information is based on a serving size of 1/4 cup.