- Course: Antipasto/Mezze, Hors D'oeuvre
- Total Time: Under 15 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 22 Times
Avocados are full of heart-protective monounsaturates. Their sweet, creamy flavor is tempered here by the herbs and spices to make a great appetizer or party food.
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 scallions, sliced
- Juice of ½-1 lime
- 1 chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- Pinch of ground cumin
- Pinch of ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chile oil
- Salt and ground black pepper
1 Mash the avocado with the back of a fork, but do not make it too smooth. Fold in all the other ingredients and season to taste.
2 Serve with crostini or corn chips.
© Anthony Worrall Thompson
Nutritional information is provided by the author.
Per portion: 163 cal., 16g fat, 3.2g sat.fat, 0.21g sodium, 3g carbohydrates
Discover Related Recipes
Sign up for
The Cookstr Weekly
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox