This fruit platter makes a refreshing end to any meal.
- 1 large ripe pineapple
- 1 pomegranate
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 3 tbsp chopped mint
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp dark rum (optional)
1. Using a sharp knife, cut the peel from the pineapple. Quarter lengthwise. Cut out and discard the woody core from each quarter then thinly slice the pineapple crosswise. Arrange on a large platter.
2. Cut the pomegranate in half and remove the seeds, discarding the membranes. Scatter the seeds over the pineapple. Sprinkle the lime juice over the fruit.
3. Combine the lime zest, mint, and brown sugar in a small bowl. Sprinkle over the fruit, with the rum, if using. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, until chilled.
Pineapple with Chile
Dissolve ¼ cup sugar in ½ cup water. Add 1 finely diced chile and boil for 10 minutes, or until syrupy. Serve poured over the pineapple slices.