- Course: Dessert, Snack
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 31 Times
No energy? Perk up your morning with chocolate and coffee for an extra jolt. I add chocolate chips—more chocolate, the better—after all, it’s for energy.
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant dark roast or espresso coffee dissolved in 1 teaspoon warm water
- ¼ cup skim milk
- 1½ cups shredded zucchini
- ½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, optional
1. Preheat oven 350°F. Coat 9 × 5 × 3-inch nonstick loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon: set aside,
3. In medium bowl, mix brown sugar, eggs, oil, vanilla and coffee until well blended.
4. Add dry ingredients alternately with the milk and stir until just moistened. Stir in remaining ingredients, Transfer batter into prepared pan,
5. Bake 40-50 minutes. Don’t overbake as cooks more when cooling.
Brewed strong coffee may be substituted for milk, if you don’t have instant dark roast.
© 2010 Holly Clegg
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories from fat 40%
Saturated Fat 1g
Dietary Fiber 1g
1½ lit: other carbohydrate, 1½