Penne with Tomato and Basil
Total Timeunder 1 hour
Make Ahead RecipeYes
One Pot MealYes
OccasionCasual Dinner Party, Family Get-together
Recipe Coursemain course, side dish
Dietary Considerationmain course, side dish
Five Ingredients or LessYes
Taste and Textureherby, savory
Type of Dishdry pasta
- 1 1/2 pints cherry tomatoes
- A few lugs of olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A good drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- 1 pound dried penne pasta
- 7 ounces Kalamata olives, stoned and halved
- A good handful of fresh basil, leaves picked and torn
- A piece of pecorino cheese, for grating
Preheat your oven to 400°F.
Throw the tomatoes into a large roasting pan, drizzle with olive oil, add salt and pepper and roast for 20 minutes. Squash with a fork to get the juices going and drizzle over the balsamic vinegar.
Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta following package instructions until al dente. Drain and add the roasted tomato sauce with the olives and torn basil leaves.
Season and serve with some of the pecorino grated over the top.
2016 Jamie Oliver