- Course: Main Course
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 30 Times
- 6 cups mixed vegetable chunks, such as carrots, squash, peppers and onions
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or thyme or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 3 ounces thinly sliced Prosciutto di Parma, cut in strips (about 1 cup)
- Grated Parmigiano–Reggiano (optional)
Preheat oven to 450ºF.
In a large bowl, toss vegetables with oil, rosemary, garlic, season with salt and pepper; spread out in a single layer on rimmed baking sheet. Roast veggies, stirring occasionally, until tender and lightly browned. This takes about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Toss pasta, vegetables and Prosciutto together; taste for seasoning. Serve with grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, if desired.
© 2014 Jon Ashton
Note from Cookstr's Editors
Nutritional information is based on using 6 cups of squash, and does not include salt and pepper to taste or optional grated Parmigiano-Reggiano.