- Course: Antipasto/Mezze, Tapas/Small Plates
- Total Time: Under 30 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 4 Times
Guisantes con jamòn is a classic tapas dish with delicious sweet and savory flavors.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 7 oz (200g) Serrano ham or prosciutto, diced
- ¾ cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- One 1 lb (450g) bag frozen baby peas, thawed
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan. Cook the onion for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until translucent.
2. Increase the heat. Add the ham and cook for about 3 minutes until it begins to brown. Stir in the tomatoes and paprika. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Mix in the peas.
3. Mash the garlic, parsley, and ½ tsp salt together, then stir in the wine. Add to the pan, and season with pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes more, and serve hot.
© 2008 Dorling Kindersley
Nutritional information is based on 8 servings and 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.