This popular Southeast Asian sauce is excellent with grilled chicken, flank steak, lamb chops, pork loin, or even fish and shellfish. It makes a great dipping sauce for all manner of kabobs.
- 1 cup unsalted smooth peanut butter
- 1/3 cup finely chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup canned sweetened coconut cream, such as Coco Lopez brand
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2/3 cup chicken stock or water
- ½ teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
In a small saucepan, combine all of the ingredients and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes to combine well.
To serve, reheat gently, whisking in a bit of water as needed for a spoonable consistency. Store in a jar in the refrigerator. It will keep for up to 4 months.
Nutritional information is based on the entire recipe.