- Course: Dessert, Snack
- Total Time: Under 15 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 57 Times
Pesche con Mascarpone
This is an old dish, a good marriage of fruit and cheese, and a nice light way to finish a meal.
- 1 cup fresh mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoone heavy cream
- 4 ripe peaches, halved and pitted
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 8 strawberries
- 4 mint sprigs
In a bowl, blend the cheese and cream. With a pastry bag, pipe the cheese mixture into the peach cavities (or use a spoon if you prefer). Sprinkle the walnuts over the cheese filling and serve two peach halves per portion, flanked by a pair of strawberries and a sprig of mint.
© 1990 Lidia Bastianich and Jay Jacobs