- Course: Main Course, Side Dish
- Total Time: Under 30 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 20 Times
- 1 pound 2 ounces long pasta, such as fettucine
- ½ cup olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3–4 fresh small red chilies, seeded and finely sliced
- 4 anchovies, finely chopped
- 1 large handful Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 small handful oregano, finely chopped
- 1 small handful basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Shaved Parmesan cheese, to serve
Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta until al dente, then drain. Meanwhile, put the olive oil, garlic, chili, and anchovies in a small saucepan over low heat and cook, stirring, for 10 minutes, or until the garlic is lightly golden. Remove from the heat.
Add the oil mixture to the drained pasta with the parsley, oregano, basil, and lemon juice. Toss to combine. Season to taste and serve with shaved Parmesan.
© 2008 Murdoch Books
Note from Cookstr's Editors
Nutritional information does not include salt or shaved parmesan cheese.
Discover Related Recipes
Sign up for
The Cookstr Weekly
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox