- Course: Main Course
- Total Time: Under 30 Minutes
- Skill Level: Moderate
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 105 Times
A popular Italian classic. Good with a simple salad.
- 1 lb (450g) dried pasta, such as spaghetti or tagliatelle
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 6 oz (175g) pancetta, very finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 large eggs
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- ½ cup freshly grated Romano, plus more to serve
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil over high heat. Add the pasta, stir and cook according to the package instructions, until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook, stirring occasionally, about 6 minutes, until crispy. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
3. Beat the eggs, Parmesan, and Romano together and season with pepper. Drain the pasta well and return to its saucepan. Add the egg mixture and the contents of the pan with the pancetta, including the fat, and mix quickly until the pasta is well coated. Serve immediately, with extra Romano passed on the side.
© 2008 Dorling Kindersley
Nutritional information is based on 6 servings.