- Course: Appetizer
- Total Time: Under 30 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 16 Times
Pappardelle alle Erbe e Ricotta
- ½ pound pappardelle
- ¼ cup freshly snipped chives
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- ¼ cup finely chopped feathery green fennel tops
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh arugula
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup freshly grated pecorino cheese
- Freshly ground pepper
Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot. Add 1 tablespoon of salt. Stir in the pasta. Cook until al dente, stirring often.
Meanwhile, combine the chives, parsley, fennel, arugula, and oil in a bowl. Put the ricotta in another bowl.
Drain the pasta well, saving 1 cup of hot pasta water. Transfer the pasta to a large bowl. Add ½ cup of the hot pasta water to the ricotta and combine well. Spoon ricotta and pecorino over the pasta and add the mixed herbs and oil. Toss. If too dry, add a little more pasta water. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
© 2001 Giovanne Tornabene and Gilda Di Paola Tornabene