- Course: Vegetable
- Total Time: Under 2 Hours
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 47 Times
Can be made ahead of time.
Serve at room temperature to allow the flavors to merge.
1. Sprinkle the eggplant slices with 2 tsp salt and let stand in a colander for 30 minutes.
2. Mix together the oil, vinegar, and garlic, and season with salt and pepper.
3. Preheat a ridged grill pan over high heat. Brush the zucchini with a little olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Cook the zucchini, turning once, about 3 minutes, until tender. Transfer to a large bowl.
4. Rinse the eggplants and pat dry with paper towels. Brush the eggplants with olive oil and cook for about 5 minutes, turning once. Transfer to the bowl, add the dressing, and mix. Stir in the mint leaves. Let stand for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Good with grilled, broiled, or roast meats.
Leftovers can be used to add "bite" to cold chicken, meat, or cheese sandwiches.
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.