- Course: Main Course
- Total Time: Under 1 Hour
- Skill Level: Moderate
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 138 Times
Once you have gathered the ingredients, this dish comes together quickly to create a fast weeknight supper. Good with a fresh salad of bean sprouts and shredded carrot, tossed with lime juice.
- 12 oz (350g) flat rice noodles
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 small hot red chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 9 oz (250g) large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 9 oz (250g) bean sprouts
- 4 scallions, white and green parts, sliced
- 1 cup unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1 lime cut into 4 wedges, to serve
1. Soak the noodles in a bowl of hot water to cover for about 15 minutes, or until soft. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, heat a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add 2 tbsp of the oil, then the cilantro and chile. Immediately add the shrimp and stir-fry until the shrimp look opaque around the edges, about 1 minute. Transfer to a plate.
3. Add the remaining oil to the wok. Add the shallots and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the eggs and sugar and cook, stirring, for 1 minute, until the eggs are scrambled.
4. Stir in the oyster sauce, fish sauce, and lime juice. Add the noodles, bean sprouts, and shrimp. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the scallions and ½ cup of the peanuts, and stir-fry for 1 minute. Sprinkle with the remaining peanuts and garnish with lime wedges to serve.
© 2008 Dorling Kindersley
Discover Related Recipes
Sign up for
The Cookstr Weekly
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox