- Course: Side Dish
- Total Time: Under 1 Hour
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 82 Times
- Olive oil, for greasing the pan
- 2 medium-sized baking potatoes
- 8 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary or a pinch of dried
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- Medium saucepan
- 9 × 9-inch baking pan
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. Fill a medium saucepan halfway with water and bring to a boil over high heat.
3. Lightly grease a 9-inch square baking pan with the olive oil.
4. Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise. Cut each half into 4 wedges.
5. When the water boils, add the potatoes and blanch for 3 minutes.
6. Drain the potatoes well in a colander and transfer to the prepared baking pan.
7. Trim the nibs off the top of the garlic cloves (but do not peel them), and add the cloves to the potatoes. Sprinkle on the rosemary and dot with butter. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Bake in the center of the oven for 15 minutes. Turn the potatoes and bake for 15 minutes more or until browned all over and cooked through.
© 1993, 2007 Bob Sloan and Paul Hanson
Nutritional information includes 1 tablespoon of oil to grease the pan and 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.
Discover Related Recipes
Sign up for
The Cookstr Weekly
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox