- Course: Main Course
- Total Time: Under 30 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 94 Times
A quick and light pasta dish.
- 1 lb (450g) dried orecchiette pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 6 oz (175g) pancetta, chopped
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ tsp crushed hot red pepper flakes
- 1 cup thawed frozen peas
- 6 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Cook the orecchiette in a large pot of lightly salted boiling water according to the package instructions, until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook 5 minutes until lightly golden. Add the zucchini, garlic, and hot pepper and cook for 3 minutes, until the zucchini is crisp-tender. Stir in the peas and cook about 2 minutes.
3. Drain the pasta and return to its pot. Add the pancetta mixture and stir over low heat until combined. Off the heat, stir in the Parmesan and parsley, and season with salt and pepper.
© 2008 Dorling Kindersley
Nutritional information is based on 6 servings and 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.
Discover Related Recipes
Sign up for
The Cookstr Weekly
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox