Old-Fashioned Potato Salad
Nothing fancy but unusually good.
Total Timeunder 4 hours
Make Ahead RecipeYes
OccasionBuffet, Family Get-together
Recipe Courseside dish
Taste and Texturecreamy, savory
Type of Dishsalad
- 6 medium-size boiled potatoes, chilled, peeled, and cubed
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chilled, peeled, and diced
- ½ medium-size sweet green pepper, cored, seeded, and minced
- 1 medium-size yellow onion, peeled and minced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sweet pickle relish
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Stir all ingredients together to mix, cover, and chill several hours before serving. Serve as is or in crisp lettuce cups.
Herbed Potato Salad: Prepare as directed but add 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill or ½ teaspoon dillweed and ½ teaspoon minced fresh marjoram or ¼ teaspoon dried marjoram. Nutritional count same as basic recipe
1975, 1985 Doubleday/Bantam Doubleday Dell Publishing, Inc.