- Course: Main Course, Snack
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 39 Times
This is a great alternative to store-bought or fast-food chicken nuggets. It is tasty and easy to make. Brewer’s (nutritional) yeast is high in vitamins B-12 and fiber and adds dimension. I’ve made these a few times for my daughter’s class and have had rave reviews from the 5th graders.
- 1 cup bread crumbs (I like panko, Japanese-style breadcrumbs)
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 4 tablespoons brewer’s (nutritional) yeast
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch salt & fresh pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 4 half chicken breasts or two whole breasts
Heat oven or toaster oven to 375 degrees.
1. Mix bread crumbs, garlic, yeast, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl (add Parmesan if using).
2. Place chicken between sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a kitchen mallet or heavy pan until ¼ inch thick.
3. Cut chicken into two-inch strips (if the chicken is thick, pound it out a bit more).
4. Coat chicken with the breadcrumb mixture and place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Cook for 10 minutes.
Serve with creamy dill dipping sauce or sweet and spicy mustard.
© 2007 Domenica Catelli
Nutritional information is based on 4 servings.