No-Bake Crispy Peanut Butter Squares
Make Ahead RecipeYes
Recipe Coursedessert, snack
Dietary Considerationdessert, snack
Taste and Texturechewy, creamy, nutty, sweet
- 1 cup (250 mL) smooth peanut butter
- ¼ cup (50 mL) butter or margarine
- ½ cup (125 mL) packed brown sugar
- ½ cup (125 mL) corn syrup
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- Pinch salt
- 2 cups (500 mL) corn flakes cereal
- 1 cup (250 mL) crispy rice cereal
- 8-inch (2 L) square baking pan, lightly greased
In a saucepan, over low heat, stir together peanut butter, butter, brown sugar and corn syrup until blended and smooth. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and salt.
In a large bowl, mix together cereals. Add peanut butter mixture and mix well.
Press evenly into prepared pan. Chill for 6 hours or until firm. Cut into squares.
2008 Esther Brody