- Course: Hot Appetizer, Snack
- Total Time: Under 15 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 44 Times
Quick to make and great for sharing.
- 7 oz (200g) tortilla chips
- 1 cup canned chopped tomatoes, drained
- 4 scallions, white and green parts, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp drained and chopped pickled jalapeno slices
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1½ cups sour cream
1. Position the broiler rack about 8 in (20cm) from the source of heat and preheat.
2. Spread the tortilla chips on a large heatproof platter. Sprinkle the tomatoes, scallions, jalapeños, and cheese over the chips.
3. Broil for about 4 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
4. Sprinkle with avocado and cilantro. Serve hot, with sour cream passed on the side.
© 2008 Dorling Kindersley
Discover Related Recipes
Sign up for
The Cookstr Weekly
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox