- Course: Dessert, Side Dish, Snack
- Skill Level: Moderate
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 16 Times
Can be made ahead of time.
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
1. In a large bowl, cream butter thoroughly. Add sugar gradually, beating well.
2. In another bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternately with coffee. Stir thoroughly until well blended. Add chopped walnuts. Fold in egg whites.
3. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
4. Prepare the frosting: In a bowl, cream together butter and 2 tbsp (25 mL) of the confectioners' sugar. Add cocoa, the remaining confectioners' sugar and coffee. Beat until light and fluffy. Spread over cooled muffins.
Serving size is 1 muffin.