- 3 tablespoons yellow miso paste (shinshu-miso)
- ¾ teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Pinch of cayenne
- 1½ tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- Generous ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Japanese or Chinese sesame oil
- Scant ½ cup water
Combine all of the ingredients in a blender jar and process for 30 seconds. The dressing can be made up to 1 week in advance and stored, tightly covered, in the refrigerator. If the mixture has separated slightly, process briefly before using.
Nutritional information is based on 12 servings.