- Course: Side Dish
- Total Time: Under 15 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 9 Times
- 3 pounds fresh peas, shelled (3½ to 4 cups)
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 8 fresh mint leaves, cut into thin ribbons
In a saucepan, bring 2 cups of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the peas and the sugar. Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, or until tender.
Drain, fold in the butter, salt and pepper to taste, and the mint. Serve at once.
© Christopher Idone
Nutritional information is based on 8 servings, and includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.