- One 8-ounce package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 ounces chocolate (bittersweet or semisweet), chopped, divided, and melted
- 1 large egg
1. Heat the oven to 300°F. Line 6 standard muffin tins with foil liners and lightly grease with cooking spray.
2. Put the cream cheese in a medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until very smooth, about 2 minutes.
3. Add the sugar and 3 ounces of melted chocolate. Beat on medium-low speed until well blended, about 1 minute. Add the egg and mix until just incorporated.
4. Spoon the batter into the muffin cups. Bake until the centers of the cheesecakes barely jiggle when nudged, 15 to 18 minutes. Set the muffin tin on a rack to cool completely. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve or for up to 3 days (or freeze for up to 1 month). Just before serving, drizzle with the remaining 1 ounce melted chocolate (rewarmed, if needed).