- Course: Main Course
- Total Time: Half Day
- Skill Level: Moderate
- Cost: Splurge
- Favorited: 7 Times
You can also use this marinade for grilled boneless leg of lamb.
For the marinade:
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp honey
- Juice of 2 limes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 tbsp chopped mint
- 5 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup toasted sunflower seeds
- 2 lb (900g) boneless loin of lamb
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Combine the marinade ingredients in a zippered plastic bag. Add the lamb and turn to coat. Chill for at least 4 and up to 24 hours.
2. Whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, pomegranate molasses, and mint in a bowl. Add the carrots, red onion, and garlic and mix. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and marinate for at least 1 hour.
3. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Heat the oil in a skillet over high heat. Remove the lamb from the marinade and add to the pan. Cook, turning, until browned on all sides, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a roasting pan and roast about 10 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center of the roast reads 130°F (55°C). Transfer to a carving board and let stand 10 minutes. Carve the lamb. Mix the sunflower seeds into the salsa and serve with the lamb.
The carrot salsa can be made 1 day in advance and kept in the refrigerator.
© 2008 Dorling Kindersley
Nutritional information is based on 6 servings and 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.