- Course: Side Dish
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 1 Time
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup chopped yellow onions
- ½ cup seeded and chopped green bell peppers
- 4 cups corn kernels (canned, fresh, or frozen, thawed)
- 1 medium-size ripe tomato, peeled and chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon Tabasco brand pepper sauce
1. Melt the butter in a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and bell peppers and cook, stirring often, until soft, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the com, tomato, salt, and Tabasco. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, until the com is tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Serve hot.
© 2002 McIllhenny Company