Maple Pumpkin Cheesecake
Two fall flavors that go well together are maple and pumpkin.
If maple syrup is not available, you can substitute ¼ tsp (1 mL) maple extract.
Make Ahead RecipeYes
OccasionBuffet, Family Get-together
Dietary Considerationhalal, kosher, peanut free, soy free, vegetarian
Taste and Texturecheesy, creamy, rich, spiced, sweet
Type of Dishcheesecake
- 2½ cups (625 mL) graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground ginger
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) unsalted butter, melted
- 5 packages (each 8 oz/250 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (250 mL) sour cream
- 2¼ cups (550 mL) granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- ½ cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (125 mL) pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp (2 mL) freshly grated nutmeg
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) ground allspice
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vanilla extract
- Classic Whipped Cream Topping
- 10-inch (25 cm) cheesecake pan, ungreased, or springform pan with 3-inch (7.5 cm) sides, greased
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C)
Crust: In a bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, ginger and butter. Press into bottom of cheesecake pan and freeze.
Filling: In a mixer bowl fitted with paddle attachment, beat cream cheese, sour cream and sugar on medium-high speed until very smooth, for 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Fold in pumpkin, flour, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, lemon juice and vanilla by hand.
Pour over frozen crust, smoothing out to sides of pan. Bake in preheated oven until top is light brown and center has a slight jiggle to it, 60 to 75 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 2 hours. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours before decorating or serving.
Decoration: Ice top of cake with Classic Whipped Cream Topping or pipe a ribbon around border, if desired.
Fold 1 cup (250 mL) chopped hazelnuts into the filling for a crunchy texture.
2008 George Geary