- Course: Snack
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 7 Times
Can be made ahead of time.
If you love the taste of maple and pecan, you will love these muffins. If you can’t find pecans, you can easily substitute walnuts.
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
1. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
2. In a small bowl, combine granulated sugar and half of the pecans. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in milk, vanilla and maple extract. Stir in flour mixture just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips and remaining pecans. Do not overmix.
4. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle evenly with reserved pecan mixture.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 24 minutes or until puffed, golden and a tester inserted into center comes out clean. Let cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on rack.
Serving size is 1 muffin.