This buttercream has a light maple flavor and is the perfect partner for many of my spiced cupcakes, such as Pumpkin Cupcakes or Carrot Zucchini Cupcakes.
- 2 cups (500 mL) confectioners sugar (icing sugar)
- ¾ cup (175 mL) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp (2 mL) maple-flavored extract
- Pinch salt
1. In a bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together confectioner’s sugar, butter, maple syrup, maple extract and salt until smooth.
2. Spread frosting over cooled cupcakes and set aside at room temperature until ready to serve or for up to 8 hours.
Nutritional information is based on a serving size of 2 tablespoons frosting.