This vinaigrette is also wonderful on fish and shellfish.
- 1 cup ripe mango, cut into medium pieces
- 2 ounces (¼ cup) rice wine vinegar
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) pure olive oil
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 pinch togarashi (see note ; cayenne pepper can be substituted)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch sugar
- 2 to 3 ounces (4 to 6 tablespoons) water, if needed
Place all of the ingredients except the water in a blender and puree on high speed until smooth. If the puree seems too thick, thin it with a few drops of water and puree to incorporate. Keep adding water (a few drops at a time) until the puree has a sauce like consistency.
Adjust the seasoning if needed. It should be both sweet and slightly tart. Reserve and serve at room temperature.
Nutritional information is based on 16 servings.