- Course: Beverage
- Total Time: Under 15 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 12 Times
This thick and silky drink has the prettiest color and the loveliest perfume. Make it often in early summer when mangoes are plentiful.
- 1 ripe, juicy mango
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- ½ cup coconut milk or ½ cup pineapple-coconut nectar
- 1 cup soy milk
- Juice of 1 or 2 limes, to taste
- 5 ice cubes
- Mint or jasmine sprigs, for garnish
Peel the mango, then slice it right over the blender jar to catch all the juices. Once you’ve cut off the big chunks of mango, just squeeze your hand over the whole thing to get off as much flesh and juice as possible. Add all the other ingredients to the blender and puree until smooth. Pour into 2 glasses and garnish with mint.
© 2000 Deborah Madison
Note from Cookstr's Editors
Nutritional information is based on using coconut milk.